Olympic Peninsula Motoring

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Olympic Peninsula Motoring

An Olympic Peninsula based community for all things automotive!

2 posters

DIY In-Car Camera Mount. Home Depot FTW!

azntaiji
    azntaiji
    Admin
    Admin

Male Posts : 66

DIY In-Car Camera Mount. Home Depot FTW! Empty DIY In-Car Camera Mount. Home Depot FTW!

Post by azntaiji Mon Oct 26, 2009 8:30 pm

Alright guys so I decided to make an in-car camera mount today that bolts onto the head rest poles, using stuff from home depot.

Basically just got a 3/4" thick PVC pipe, a cap for one end of the pipe, a 3/4" 90 degree elbow to 3/4" thread for the other end, and a 3/4" threaded plug for the elbow. Then a 1/4" 1.5 machine screw, a couple washer, bolt, and wing nut.

Put all the pieces together, put a hole in the threaded plug for the screw. 2 holes in the pipe for the headrest poles. Shorten the pipe length to what you desire.

Works good for under $6 spent at HD!

If wanted, you could probably buy a ball camera mount for the whole thing instead of the screw, I'll probably do that sometime.

DIY In-Car Camera Mount. Home Depot FTW! IMG_1763

DIY In-Car Camera Mount. Home Depot FTW! IMG_1764

In Car Camera Mount Test from Zach Taiji on Vimeo.

jcrome
    jcrome
    Admin
    Admin

Male Posts : 112

DIY In-Car Camera Mount. Home Depot FTW! Empty Re: DIY In-Car Camera Mount. Home Depot FTW!

Post by jcrome Tue Oct 27, 2009 11:16 am

Very nice idea for taking video!

Maybe even get some more pipe setups for different angles and what have you..

..wait... is the 21st a Monday????? Laughing

I like the undercover at 1.25
    and the near crash at 1.48 welcome to Sequim! Laughing
    MILF at 2.09 cheers

Current date/time is Sun Jun 30, 2024 9:40 pm